How to fix Epson printer error in state
One of the reasons that could be causing the Epson printer to remain in an error state is the issue with the host. The issue often takes place with Epson printers or printers in general. As it is quite common, the method to troubleshoot the issue is as simple. To identify the issue the printer display will alert – Printer is in an Error State. This is an alert that has to be acknowledged and the issues have to be removed.
The guidelines are mentioned in a few simple steps to complete the process. Follow the instructions and the alert of the printer is in an error state will be rectified.
Step1 - Check connections
Complete the below steps to ensure the connections are in place to remove the issue of the Epson printer indicating an error state.
- Check if all the connections between the printer and the device are intact.
- To be sure, remove all the cables and connect them back again.
- The printer should have access to a proper wireless connection.
- The wireless connection should be active and stable.
- Turn off the printer for a few minutes and power it back up.
- Do the same to the wireless router. Restart it.
Step2 - Check the Drivers
Here are the steps that are to be followed to ensure there are no issues with the driver.
- Another reason that could be causing the Epson printer to state an error is the driver.
- The printer driver should be updated. If there is an update available complete it at once.
- Do the same for the device the printer is connected to. The software should be updated.
- Check if the issue still prevails. If it does move on to the next step.
- Uninstall the Epson Print driver from the device and reinstall it from the Epson Support website.
- Restart the printer and complete a quick check to ensure the error state is removed.
Step3 - Use the Troubleshoot option
- Use the Windows Troubleshooter as a way to detect the issue through the device.
- Open the Device Manager to locate the Epson printer.
- On locating the Epson printer from the list, right-click on it.
- This will lead to the option of Troubleshooting the printer.
- The analysis will be conducted to identify the issue with the printer.
- Complete the instructions for the troubleshooting and the Epson printer will no longer remain in an error state.
Step4 - Final steps
- Reboot the printer if the error state issue of the Epson printer continues to prevail.
- While the Epson printer is powered up, yank out the power cord.
- Remove the power cord from the rear end of the printer while it is powered up.
- Remove the power cord from the power supply as the next step.
- Let the printer remain idle for a few minutes.
- Following this, connect the power cord back to power up the printer.
- It will turn back up automatically.
The Error State of the Epson printer should no longer remain. If the above steps have not assisted in the process of removing the issue of the Epson Printer in an error state, contact the team of experts to assist further.