Epson EcoTank ET-4850 Connect
The Epson Ecotank ET-4850 is a compact all-in-one printer that allows you to print and scan from any compatible device. Connecting the Epson ET-4850 printer to Mac, Windows, or Smartphones can be done in a matter of minutes. Once you have unpacked the box and powered it up, choose a mode to connect – device or smartphone.
For a Mac or Windows device, install the software from the Epson Support website and follow the instructions. Proceed to connect with a wireless network, key in the wireless network credentials. For a smartphone, download the Epson Smart Panel App and follow the instructions.
Ensure both the printer and computer is connected to the same network. With this, the Epson Ecotank ET-4850 is connected with the devices.
Epson ET-4850 Printer Setup
Follow the below guidelines to setup the Epson ET-4850 setup.
- Begin the Epson ET-4850 setup by unboxing the brand new Epson ET-4850 and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove the protective material.
- Connect the power cord and turn ON the Epson EcoTank ET 4850 printer.
- Open the ink bottles when you’re ready. Use the color-coded sticker to identify the colors and insert the ink bottle in the tank. Proceed with caution.
- Load the paper onto the paper tray by pulling out the paper cassette. Use the side edge guide to place the sheet properly.
- Proceed to install the Epson ET-4850 driver from the Epson Support website and follow the on-screen instructions to run the Epson ET-4850 setup program.
- On completing the driver setup, proceed to connect to a wireless network by automatically keying in the details when prompter by the driver.
- If not, manually enter the network credentials on the printer’s display, through the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Download and install the Epson ET 4850 printer connect setup utility to print any document through email from anywhere.
With this, the Epson ET-4850 setup and driver installation are complete.
Epson ET-4850 Driver
Installing Epson EcoTank ET-4850 driver on the device is very simple. The process can be easily executed by following a set of instructions. Here are the instructions for setting up the Epson printer driver on Mac and Windows operating systems.
Epson ET-4850 Driver Windows
Steps for Driver download and install for Windows OS
- Once the printer is setup and ready proceed to install the driver to begin using the brand new Epson ET-4850.
- Visit the Support website, www.epson.com/support/et4850 to download the Epson ET- 4850 driver for Windows.
- Choose the suitable Epson EcoTank ET-4850 Driver for Windows from the given list and download.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and give access and permissions wherever necessary.
- Choose the connectivity option, opt for Wireless Network Connection.
- Follow the other on-screen instructions and with this, the Epson ET 4850 driver is installed
Epson ET-4850 Driver Mac
Steps for Driver download and install for Mac OS
- After the initial Epson ET-4850 setup is complete proceed to download the Epson ET-4850 Driver and install it.
- Visit the Epson Support website, www.epson.com/support/et4850 to download the ET 4850 driver for Mac OS.
- Select the operating system, in this case, Mac OS, and proceed to choose from the list of drivers.
- Download the suitable Epson ET-4850 driver and continue to install it.
- Run the file and follow the onscreen instructions to establish a Wireless Network Connection.
- With this, the Epson Ecotank ET 4850 is ready to take your printers.
Epson ET-4850 Wireless Setup
Wireless Setup Using the Control Panel:
- Follow the initial setup steps of unboxing the brand new Epson Ecotank ET-4850 printer.
- Proceed to install the Epson Et-4805 connect driver and the printer will now connect automatically to the wireless network.
- There will be times the connection will have to be established manually through the Wi-Fi setup through the Epson printer’s Control Panel.
- Follow these instructions for the Epson ET 4850 Wireless Setup
- Move over to the control panel of the Epson printer and press the Home button.
- Choose the Wi-fi icon and begin the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- The available network will show up on the screen.
- Key in the wireless network credentials and proceed to connect.
- In a few seconds, the connection will be established.
Using WPS to connect to a network:
Follow the below guidelines to complete the WPS network setup to the Epson ET 4850 EcoTank Photo.
- Power up the Epson printer and place it near the Wi-Fi router.
- For the connection to be established, ensure that there is an active Wi-Fi connection.
- Move over to the router and locate the WPS button. On locating its press and hold for a few seconds.
- Move over to the Epson EcoTank 4850 printer display and click the Home button.
- Following this, choose Wi-Fi setup and follow the on-screen instructions after clicking the Push Button Setup.
- Ensure that the WPS buttons are pressed simultaneously.
The connection will be successful within a few seconds. If it fails to do so, complete the process a few more times.
Epson ET-4850 Troubleshooting
Epson ET-4850 printer offline
- Check if all the cables that are connected are intact.
- Move over to the Devices and Printer section and make Epson ET-4850 the default printer.
- Make sure that the driver installed is the updated driver. If it is not, reinstall the latest driver.
- Check the same for the device and complete the updating process.
- Perform other physical checks like ink in the cartridges, blocked printer nozzles, or improper paper insert.
- Remove the Epson printer from the device and perform the setup once again.
This checklist should assist in removing the Epson printer offline status.
Epson ET-4850 printer won’t print
- Ensure that all cables are connected properly and are intact between the Epson printer and the device.
- If the Epson printer is connected to a wireless network then ensure that the connection is active and stable.
- Make sure the device is updated and is on the latest version.
- The driver should be updated. If it is still on an old driver then install the updated version from the Epson Support website.
- Proceed to move over to the services. msc on the device and click Printer Spooler twice.
- Now, set the start type to Automatic.
Proceed to take a print. With the above completed, the printer should now begin to function properly.
Epson ET-4850 printing blank pages
- Begin by checking if the device and the Epson printer are connected to the same wireless network that is active.
- Replace the paper that has been inserted with a fresh bunch of suitable paper.
- Check if there is any blockage in the nozzle of the printers.
- Check the internal paper settings on the device are accurate as per the requirement.
- Ensure that the document printed is not blank.
- Refill the tank with ink if necessary.
These steps should provide a solution to the issue of blank pages being printed
Epson ET-4850 Printer Paper Jam
Follow the given steps to remove a paper jam for the Epson Et-4805 printer
- Stop all the on-going print jobs immediately from the device.
- Move over to the printer. Check the paper feeder slot.
- Move over to the front cover of the printer and open it with caution.
- Identify where the paper has been jammed and remove it carefully.
Replace the paper tray with a more suitable paper that is aligned properly to avoid paper jam in the future.
Epson ET 4850 won’t connect to Wi-Fi
- Ensure that there is an active and stable network connection. To check, connect another device to evaluate the area of error.
- The printer and the router must be placed close.
- There could be a connectivity issue when there are restrictions added to the router. Rectify this by adding the device name to the router.
- There are times when the desired network doesn’t show up in the menu for various reasons. As an alternative, the network name (SSID) and the credentials can be manually entered.
- Ensure that the WEP key or WPA passphrase are entered correctly.