Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550 Connect
The all-in-one Epson EcoTank Photo 8550 is perfect to print out photos in high quality. The qualities of the prints that are delivered are premium perfect for creative projects. Begin to use the printer after unboxing it and setting it up.
Proceed to download and install the driver and add the printer to a wireless network. With these simple steps the setup and installation is complete. For a simpler process, you could download the Epson Smart App Panel and connect the Epson ET-8550 to a smartphone that is Android or iOS.
Epson ET-8550 Setup
- Unbox the printer and remove the accessories from the box.
- Remove all the protective material.
- Power up the Epson printer. Use the power cord to connect one end to the printer and the other end to the power supply.
- Load the paper in the paper cassette and fill in the ink tanks.
- Install the Epson ET-8550 driver installation from the Epson website.
- Download a suitable driver and continue to install it.
- Choose a connectivity option between USB and WiFi.
- If you choose WiFi to connect, proceed to key in the credentials.
- With this, the Epson ET-8550 setup is complete.
- Download and install the Epson ET-8500 connect printer setup utility to printer your photos and document through email.
Epson ET-8550 Driver
Installing Epson ET 8550 driver on the device is very simple. The process can be easily executed by following a set of instructions. Here are the instructions for setting up the Epson printer driver on Mac and Windows operating systems.
Epson ET-8550 Driver Windows
- Begin the process by visiting the Epson website to download the Epson EcoTank Photo ET 8550 driver.
- Enter the printer’s model and choose the operating system, in this case, a Windows OS.
- Choose the suitable driver for the Epson printer and download it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the driver installation process.
- Connect the printer to a wireless network when prompted by the setup wizard.
- Key in the WiFi credentials and in a few minutes the connection will be established.
Epson ET-8550 Driver Mac
- After the initial setup of the brand new Epson EcoTank Photo ET 8550 is complete, proceed to download and install the driver for a Mac OS.
- Visit the Epson website and key in the printer details and choose the operating system.
- Choose a suitable Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550 driver and download it.
- After the download, proceed to install the driver.
- Continue to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- When the setup wizard prompts to connect to a network choose the wireless connection option.
- Connect to an available wireless network by keying in the WiFi credentials.
Epson ET-8550 Wireless Setup
- After the Epson Photo ET- 8550 setup and installation, the setup wizard will prompt you to connect to a wireless network.
- If it fails to connect, move over to the Epson printer and connect to a Wireless network using the Control Panel on the printer.
- Move over to the printer’s display and choose the control panel.
- Click the home button and followed by the WiFi icon.
- Choose the Wireless setup wizard and key in the wifi credentials.
- The Epson printer will now be connected to a wireless network.
- Take a test print of any photo document through wireless, to ensure the Epson ET-8550 printer is connect to the wireless network.
Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550 Troubleshooting
Epson ET-8550 printer offline
- Start the process by ensuring all the cables are intact and connected properly.
- Make the Epson EcoTank Photo ET 8550 the default printer.
- Ensure that the driver installed for the Epson printer is updated.
- Check the same for the device. The software should be updated.
- Complete other physical checks like sufficient ink in the ink tank, blocked nozzles and wrong insertion of paper.
- Make sure that all the wireless connections are active and stable.
- The device should be updated with the latest software.
- The Epson printer driver should be updated, if not, visit the Epson website and complete the process immediately.
- After the installation procedure to open the Service app and double click on the Printer Spooler twice. Now, set the start type to Automatic.
- These steps should remove any malfunction that caused the printer not to print.
Epson ET-8550 not printing
- Make sure that the cables are intact and connected properly.
- The Epson EcoTank Photo ET 8550 printer should be made the default printer.
- Ensure that both the device and the printer are updated with the latest updates.
- After the Epson printer driver has been updated, open the Service App and look for the Printer Spooler.
- On finding it, double click it and set the start type to Automatic.
- Complete a quick test run to check if the printer is working.
Epson ET- 8550 printing blank pages
- Check if the document that is being printed is not a blank document
- Check if both the printer and the device are on the same network connections.
- Look for other issues such as no ink or internal printer settings.
- Replace the quality of the paper.
- Clear any nozzle blocks that could be there.
- The following steps should assist in solving the issue of the printer printing blank pages.
Epson ET- 8550 Printer Paper Jam
- Follow this step-by-step process to remove a paper jam
- Begin the process of removing the paper jam by bringing all the printing jobs to a halt.
- Check the printer to identify where the jam has occurred in the printer.
- Check the paper feeder slot and the front cover.
- Remove any paper that is stuck.
- Replace the quality of the paper and align it properly to avoid any paper jam issues in the future.