Epson WF 840 Scan Cannot Recognize Scanner
When the Epson WF 840 scanner faces the Scanner issue not being recognized, a few simple steps should be followed to rectify this error. The printer’s issues from time to time will require these simple guidelines to be followed.
Check the network connection
It is essential to check the network connection that acts as a communicator between the device and the printer. The first step is to make sure there is an active wireless connection. If there are issues with the connection, then rectifications must be made. Complete the connection, and the Epson WF 840 scanner should work effectively.
- Complete a quick check to make sure the wireless connection is working effectively.
- The connection should be stable, and it should work without any interruptions.
- Check the compatibility of the wireless router and the Epson WF 840 printer.
- Use other connectivity options to ensure the issue is with the network and not the printer.
- Make sure the necessary LED lights are blinking on the wireless router.
- Complete these checks and restart the wireless network if the issue prevails.
- Press and hold the power button on the wifi router. Allow all the LED lights to switch off on the router.
- Allow it to remain idle for a few minutes and complete the Epson connection again. If the issue persists, move over to the following steps to remove the printer issue.
Update the Epson WF 840 Scanner driver
The Epson WF 840 printer can fail to function if there is an issue with the scanner driver. There could be an error with the driver, or an available update should be changed. The updates bring bug fixes and other issues that will allow the Epson WF 840 scanner to function without any hassle. Once the changes mentioned below are applied, a test should be conducted to make sure the Epson WF 840 scanner issue has been resolved.
- Move over to the device the Epson WF 840 printer is connected to.
- Open the Settings app and choose Printers and Scanners.
- Locate the Epson WF 840 printer and right-click.
- From the pop-up menu that appears, choose Update.
- This will check if there is any available update, and it will initiate.
- Allow the printer some time to complete the Update and apply the changes.
- Check if the Scanner can communicate to the device and send files. If the issue still prevails, proceed to the next step.
Reinstall the Epson WF 840 scanner
There are times there could be an issue with the driver installed on the device. These simple issues can be resolved by removing the printer from the drivers and installing it again on the device. The steps below will assist in the process of removing the printer issues, and the connection can be made once again. This will allow the printer to function effectively without any issues.
- Power up the Epson WF 840 printer and the device the printer is connected to.
- Complete the uninstallation of the Epson WF 840 printer.
- Once the Epson WF 840 scanner driver has been removed from the device, proceed with the next step.
- Move over to the device and enter the details of the Epson Support Page.
- Key in the details of the printer, such as the name – Epson WF 840.
- Download the Epson WF 840 scanner driver and complete the installation.
- All the on-screen instructions can be completed. Following this, complete a quick scan to ensure the Epson WF 840 scanner is functioning.
These are some of the basic steps to be followed to remove the Epson WF 840 scanner issue. If the Epson WF 840 Scan cannot recognize the Scanner, then you have the option of getting in touch with us to assist in the process of removing the scanner issue. Contact us for our team of experts to resolve the Epson WF 840 Scan Cannot Recognize Scanner scanner issue.