Epson WF 840 Scan Cannot Recognize Scanner
When the Epson WF 840 scanner faces the Scanner issue not being recognized, a few simple steps should be followed to rectify this error. The printer’s issues from time to time will require these simple guidelines to be followed.
Check the network connection
- Complete a quick check to make sure the wireless connection is working effectively.
- The connection should be stable, and it should work without any interruptions.
- Check the compatibility of the wireless router and the Epson WF 840 printer.
- Use other connectivity options to ensure the issue is with the network and not the printer.
- Make sure the necessary LED lights are blinking on the wireless router.
- Complete these checks and restart the wireless network if the issue prevails.
- Press and hold the power button on the wifi router. Allow all the LED lights to switch off on the router.
- Allow it to remain idle for a few minutes and complete the Epson connection again. If the issue persists, move over to the following steps to remove the printer issue.
Update the Epson WF 840 Scanner driver
- Move over to the device the Epson WF 840 printer is connected to.
- Open the Settings app and choose Printers and Scanners.
- Locate the Epson WF 840 printer and right-click.
- From the pop-up menu that appears, choose Update.
- This will check if there is any available update, and it will initiate.
- Allow the printer some time to complete the Update and apply the changes.
- Check if the Scanner can communicate to the device and send files. If the issue still prevails, proceed to the next step.
Reinstall the Epson WF 840 scanner
- Power up the Epson WF 840 printer and the device the printer is connected to.
- Complete the uninstallation of the Epson WF 840 printer.
- Once the Epson WF 840 scanner driver has been removed from the device, proceed with the next step.
- Move over to the device and enter the details of the Epson Support Page.
- Key in the details of the printer, such as the name – Epson WF 840.
- Download the Epson WF 840 scanner driver and complete the installation.
- All the on-screen instructions can be completed. Following this, complete a quick scan to ensure the Epson WF 840 scanner is functioning.