Epson EcoTank ET-3850 Connect
The Epson ET-3850, an all-in-one printer, brings the best quality. The compact design is an added feature. The all-in-one feature allows you to print, scan and do so much more. The Epson EcoTank ET-3850 can be connected to any compatible device. It does not limit you to use only a Windows or a Mac device, but you can connect your smartphone too. All this is needed to do is download the Epson Smart Panel App and complete the setup. Connecting to a device is simple too. Download the Epson ET-3850 driver and proceed to follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted to choose a network connection – Wireless Network or USB. Choose based on your preference. Test the brand new Epson ET-3850 and check out how it works.
Epson ET-3850 setup
Follow these steps to complete the Epson ET-3850 setup.
- Begin the Epson EcoTank ET-3850 setup by unboxing the printer and placing it on a flat surface.
- Remove all the protective material and dispose of it responsibly.
- Untangle the power cord and attach it to the printer and the power socket. Power it up.
- Continue to fill the tank with the ink provided. Ensure to proceed with caution. Fill the tank using the color-coded stickers as a guide.
- Insert the sheet of paper in the paper cassette and use the side edge to align the sheets.
- On the device download the Epson ET-3850 driver from the Epson Support website.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and proceed to install the driver on the device.
- You will be prompted to add establish a connection. Choose Wireless Network and key in the Wi-Fi credentials.
- The connection will be established in a few seconds. With this, the Epson ET-3850 setup is complete.
Epson ET-3850 Driver
Installing Epson EcoTank ET 3850 driver on the device is very simple. The process can be easily executed by following a set of instructions. Here are the instructions for setting up the Epson printer driver on Mac and Windows operating systems.
Epson ET-3850 Driver Windows
Steps to download the Epson ET-3850 driver and install it for Windows
- Once the physical setup is complete proceed to download the Epson Ecotank ET-3850 and install the driver to complete the full setup.
- To download the Epson ET-3850 driver, visit www.epson.com/support/et3850, Epson’s support website.
- Choose a suitable driver from the list and download it.
- Follow the instructions on-screen and continue to give access and permissions.
- You will be prompted to connect the printer to a wireless network connection.
- Locate the available WiFi connection and key in the credentials.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and the Epson ET-3850 driver installation is complete.
Epson ET-3850 Driver Mac
Follow the given steps to download the Epson ET-3850 driver for Mac.
- Once the physical setup of the Epson ET-3850 is complete proceed to install the driver and download it.
- For this, visit the Epson Support website, www.epson.com/support/et3850, to download the Epson Et-3850 driver and install it.
- Make sure that the operating system is on Mac OS.
- Proceed to choose the suitable Epson EcoTank ET-3850 driver and download it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, until you reach the wireless setup network.
- Key in the Wi-fi credentials, complete a few more instructions.
- Within a few seconds, the connection will be established.
Epson EcoTank ET-3850 wireless setup
Wireless setup using the Control Panel
- In the initial installation process, the driver will prompt you to connect to a wireless network.
- If the connection has failed at that point, you can connect using the printer’s control panel.
- Move over to the Control Panel to setup the wireless network connection.
- Begin by pressing the home button on the Epson printer. Followed by this choose the Wifi icon and proceed with the Epson Ecotank ET-3850 setup.
- Choose from the list of available networks and key in the credentials.
- The connection will be established in a few seconds.
- Download and install the Epson ET-3850 connect printer setup utility to print photos or documents from one click through the email.
- Turn on the Epson ET 3850 to begin the process of connecting the printer to a network.
- Ensure that there is an active wifi connection. The Epson printer and the wifi router should be kept close to each other.
- Move over to the wifi router and press the WPS button to locate it.
- Simultaneously, do the same on the Epson printer by clicking the Home button.
- Followed by that, click on the wifi setup option and proceed to select the Push Button Setup (WPS).
Epson ET-3850 Troubleshooting
Epson ET-3850 printer not printing
The following steps below should assist in eliminating all the possible errors that could cause the printer to stay offline.
- Perform a quick check to ensure that all cables are properly attached and intact.
- Make sure that the Epson ET-3850 is set as a default printer.
- Ensure that the Epson EcoTank ET- 3850 driver is updated, if not, proceed to do so from the Epson Support website.
- Reinstall the EcoTank ET-3850 driver software and complete the full setup again.
- Perform a few physical checks like paper jam, out of ink in the tank, or a blocked nozzle that could be causing the printer to remain online.
These checks should assist in eliminating the issues that could be causing the printer to show it is offline.
Epson ET-3850 printer won’t print
- Make sure that all the cables are intact between the device and the printer.
- If the Epson printer is using a wireless network connection, ensure that the connection is stable and secure.
- The device should be updated with the latest software.
- Check if the Epson printer is updated with the updated driver. If not, update it immediately.
- Now, move over to services on the device and look for Printer Spooler. Proceed to double-click it.
- Set the start type as automatic and apply the changes.
Check the status of the printer and give it a quick test print.
Epson ET-3850 printing blank pages
- Complete the obvious checks to begin with. Check if the printer and the device are on the same network.
- Replace the paper with a better quality ream of paper.
- Check if there is any block in the nozzles that could be causing this.
- Make sure the tanks are filled with ink.
- Check if the documents that are being printed are not blank.
- Check the internal printer settings for the alignment of the paper.
The steps should remove the issue of the printer printing blank pages. If the issues continue to take place then, contact the experts.
Epson ET-3850 Printer Paper Jam
Follow this step-by-step guide to remove a paper jam
- Bring all the on-going jobs to a quick stop.
- Move over to the printer to identify where the jam has taken place. The display will indicate an alert.
- Check the paper feeder slot. If there is a paper jammed there, remove it.
- Move over to the front cover of the printer and open it with caution.
- Identify where the paper is jammed and remove it carefully as it could get messy.
- Note that, you should change the type of paper used to avoid any further issues of paper jam in the future.
Epson ET-3850 Won’t connect to Wi-Fi
- Check if the wifi connection is active and stable. Also, check if the router is compatible with the Epson ET 2800 you are trying to connect to.
- Place the Epson ET 3850 printer and the router near each other.
- Rectify any access restrictions on the router. If there are, add the device address to the router to remove any restriction.
- If the desired network does not show up in the printer, then you have the option of manually entering the network details and completing the connection.
- If the Epson printer is yet to connect to a wireless network, ensure the WEP key and the WPS passphrase.