Complete Wi-Fi direct EPSON printer guidance
EPSON is one of the most popular printers supporting both wired and wireless printing options. One of the wireless printing techniques is Wi-Fi direct option. It allows the user to connect their device with the printer’s network. It comes in handy in the absence of a wireless network.
Easy steps to get printer details online
Most of the EPSON printers support Wi-Fi direct feature. To know whether your printer supports this feature check the printer manual provided along with it. If not, use the quick steps given below.
- Open your system browser.
- Visit the official website of EPSON.
- Enter the printer model number.
- Click the product information
- Choose the required articles from the display.
- Click the product specification
- You can go through the product supports.
- Analyze whether it supports Wi-Fi direct feature.
- In case the printer shows an offline error, follow the Epson printer troubleshooting steps to sole the issues.
You can easily connect your laptop, Mac, Windows, or Android devices to the printer network and initiate printing using the Wi-Fi direct option.
Printers with a touch screen
If your printer has a touch screen, you can easily activate the Wi-Fi Direct option using the instructions below.
- Turn on the printer.
- Access the control panel.
- Choose network settings.
- Choose wireless settings.
- Select Wi-Fi direct option.
- Note down the Wi-Fi Direct credentials and activate them.
In some cases, all you have to do is scroll down the control screen and activate the Wi-Fi direct option.
Printers without a touch screen
If your printer doesn’t have a touch screen, press the wireless button and the cancel button simultaneously until they start to flash.
Guide to print from your mobile using the Wi-Fi Direct feature.
By connecting your mobile device to the printer you can easily print without any hassles. As previously mentioned, make sure that your printer supports the Wi-Fi Direct feature. You can easily connect your mobile device to the printer and initiate printing actions.
- Activate the Wi-Fi direct option onto your printer.
- Make a note of the Wi-Fi Direct credentials, like the password and the ID.
- Press the wireless settings icon on the mobile.
- Now a list of Wi-Fi networks is visible.
- Choose the printer model with the name DIRECT in it.
- When prompted, enter the credentials and click ok
After completing the process run a test print.
You can also install the EPSON printer driver app for your device using the Wi-Fi Direct feature.
- Turn on the EPSON printer.
- Turn on the device.
- Remove any USB connections associated with it.
- Download compatible EPSON printer driver from the official website of EPSON.
- Activate the EPSON Wi-Fi direct printing feature onto your printer.
- Open the wireless setting option on the system.
- Select the printer with the name DIRECT in it.
- Install the driver following the on-page guidelines.
- Select the wireless connection option when prompted.
- Click on the printer name and complete the installation.
- Make sure to run a test print to check the printer’s connectivity.
You have to download a fully-featured EPSON printer driver compatible with your operating system or Android device. If you have any queries, be free to reach out to us for instant assistance.